This is a playtest and a living document These are not the final rules and will be subject to frequent updates.Explore at your table a beautiful, vast, and ruined world riddled with unknown dangers and lost technologies. Brought to life in beautiful pixel art, delve into the officially licensed Hyper Light Drifter tabletop rpg, based on the indie smash-hit video game created by Alx Preston and published by Heart Machine.
- Sort by Default Order
- The land you live in has been at war for as long as any of you have been alive. The Queen has decided to undertake a long and perilous journey to broker an alliance with a distant power. The Queen has chosen you, and only you, to be her retinue, and accompany her on this journey. She chose you because she knows that you love her. A tale of love. A land in peril. For the Queen is a card-based story-building game that you and up to five other players can begin playing in minutes. Choose your queen from among fourteen gorgeously varied illustrations—or start from scratch—and use the prompt cards to collaboratively tell a story of love, betrayal, doubt, and devotion. In this game, you’ll find:
- Clear instructions to start any group playing in minutes.
- 14 beautifully rendered queens by a diverse group of artists to inspire your stories.
- 46 prompt cards that will help you develop your world, your characters, and their relationships to each other and the Queen.
- An X-Card to remove content you don’t want in the game.
- Tragedy, heartbreak, betrayal, love, doubt, and unwavering dedication.
Hardcover, 240 Pages, 7x10 inch format, full color. Ryuutama is an RPG developed in Japan by designer Atsuhiro Okada. It is set in a world where the "NPCs" of the village—the bakers, farmers, shopkeepers and healers—set off on a wonderful adventure exploring a fantasy world together. Some people colloquially call it "Hayao Miyazaki's Oregon Trail", because of its heartwarming (in Japanese "honobono") feel of family anime, and its focus on traveling and wonder over combat and treasure. The characters are travelers in a world without classical fantasy wizards and warriors. Instead, the characters are minstrels, merchants, healers, hunters, artisans, farmers and nobles who decide (or were fated) to leave their towns and explore the world. Using a light rules system based on polyhedral dice where the randomness in results leads to more story development, Ryuutama provides a framework for travel-focused stories fun for adults and enjoyable for all ages. The game master also creates a special character with its own unique character sheet, called the "Ryuujin". The half-dragon Ryuujin remains "offscreen" most of the time, but watches over the other characters, and can provide limited spells and abilies to support them. The GM provides advertisy that the players have to overcome, but at the same time they protect and nurture the characters.
2016 Best Cover Art ENnie nominee 2016 Best Family Game ENnie Silver Award
- Experience is gained in Ryuutama primarily by making difficult journeys to new places, far more than monster slaying.
- Magic is based on seasonal essenses, and focuses on the classic creative use of magic to overcome problems, over combat-themed spells.
- Combat is simple and fun, featuring a classic console style "Front/Back Line Battle Mat"
- The players at the table have a hand in creating the towns that their characters visit together, so that everyone has an interest in the next leg of the journel!
- Critical fumbles (rolling 1s on both dice) hurt, but all the characters at the table get a bonus to a future roll in return.
- Sale!This product contains two combined supplements designed for Scavengers RPG. Mercenaries and Magnates and Richer Runs. Featuring new positions, threats, loot options and even two new campaigns! The first campaign is Magpies of War. Instead of being a regular salvager crew, the player characters are active participants in the galactic civil war. But they must beware, if one faction grows to strong, it may defeat the other factions, and put an end to the Randians’ lucrative salvaging business. The second campaign is Boardroom Salvagers. The PCs are not satisfied with getting rich of their salvaging, they want to be super wealthy. With the conclusion of their initial salvaging careers, the original crew forms a salvaging company, and hire employees to continue their work. The second half of the supplement is Richer Runs. This module explores now positions, loot management and things to do with your sweet sweet loot
- Sig: Manual of the Primes is a cosmopolitan planar fantasy tabletop RPG. Like other games in this genre, it presents a diverse city and the challenges of culture clash. It's a setting that juxtaposes planar magics with urban drama. It offers players the opportunity to travel to the planes of existence and explore the prime worlds. This is a collaborative and improvisational game, with rules that support creative contributions from the players. The themes of family, faith, and faction politics are woven into the mechanics so that you can tell emotionally-compelling stories together. The Manual of the Primes is complete tabletop game with a comprehensive setting and all the rules you need to explore it.The physical book is a 240 page, 6”x9”, full-colour hardcover book. The metalic foil cover is durable enough to suffer whatever the planes can throw at you. The setting is vibrant, diverse, and beautiful, so the interiors are printed on glossy 80# paper, like a professionally printed magazine.
It offers....Collaborative Rules. It offers tools for collaborative scene framing, free-wheeling roleplaying, tense conflicts, and revealing interludes. It offers a series of mechanics that reward confronting Beliefs and changing your perspective. Compelling Characters. Build your own freebooter, be they descended from planar heritages or immigrants from the prime worlds. Determine which urban Faction your characters work for, and which Power they worship. Declare the philosophical, subjective, and controversial Beliefs they wish to confront. Weave a web of connections and characters who bind the group together. Descriptions of the 'Verse. The book describes the Eternal Planes of Existence, their inhabitants, and their supporters. Each of the three Planar Rings are represented here: the Elemental Ring (Flames, Waves, Stone, Wind, Ice), the Ideological Ring (Justice, Destruction, Tyranny, Order, Freedom) and the Conceptual Ring (Shadows, Dreams, Lore, Life, Death). Each plane has their own landmarks, native inhabitants, friendly Factions, and resident divine Powers. An Atlas of Sig, describing the various neighborhoods of Sig and the important people who represent them. Discover the Hive, where the destitute and the desperate struggle to survive. Explore Tetherward, where countless souls toil to enable planar trade. Revel in Riverward, where the commerce of the city thrives. Admire the glory of Highspire, home of the mighty. Various Prime Worlds, those mortal realms we are so familiar with. These include rules for collaborative world-building and a list of exciting worlds to explore. More importantly, it includes 8 brand new prime worlds prepared by a roster of professional designers. Explore the following:
- Age of Scales, by Renee Knipe;
- Alucina, by Whitney “Strix” Beltrán;
- Crystalia, by Alex Roberts;
- Dimming Twilight, by Liz Chaipraditkul;
- Hex, by Kira Magrann;
- Iron Cities, by Emily Griggs;
- Royal Mountain, by Jason Pitre; and
- Whispering Sands, by Hannah Shaffer.
Learn More!Want to learn more about Sig? We have planty of free resources for you to get a taste and see if you like it. Reviews: Over on Gamasutra, Katherine Cross gave a detailed review of Sig which you can view here. Podcast Actual-Play: I ran a fantastic session of Sig for the One Shot Podcast, which you can find over at Episode 1, Episode 2 and Episode 3. This is full of actual-play goodness, including serpent cults, dragon pearls, and mythenders. Podcast Discussions: I had a lovely discussion on the Modifier Podcast about aligning settings to mechanics, where I do a deep dive into the mechanical elements of the game. Check out the Episode! I also chatted on the Misdirected Mark podcast where we talked about the setting and rules. Free Quickstart: You can download a free quickstart for Sig which includes everything you need to run a one-shot session of Sig at home or at a convention. It includes 6 pregenerated characters, reference sheets, a walk-through tutorial, and an aventure starter titled "The Shard of Empire".